Who is The Social Shepherd?
The Social Shepherd is a creative, results-driven Social Media Marketing agency based in the centre of Bath.
We’re a tight-knit team of 6, looking to take on our next member of the flock to enhance our Paid Social & Paid Search offering.
We work with an exciting mix of eCommerce, hospitality, travel & leisure brands.
As a Paid Media Manager you’ll work alongside the Head of Paid Social on all things planning and buying; making sure our client’s campaigns are reaching the right people, in the right place, at the right time.
You’ll be responsible for planning & executing amazing campaigns for our clients with the support of our in-house creative team, whether that’s driving direct response or launching new brands into the market.
Your daily tasks include media planning, ad buying, optimising performance, reporting, and guiding agency-wide paid media strategy.
You’ll be working on core channels for clients across Facebook & Instagram, Google Ads, Snapchat, Pinterest, Tik Tok and more.
What you’ll be doing
- Building & developing your own, and the agencies, approach to paid media buying. Applying original thought to build solutions to client business challenges, both with new business pitches and existing clients.
- Executing paid media campaigns to an industry-standard best practice across Paid Search & Paid Social, including writing ad copy.
- Continually optimise ad accounts to achieve the absolute best results for clients, taking into account performance across different channels.
- Helping clients understand performance by reporting in a holistic, informative way, taking into account reporting tools like Google Analytics and Facebook Attribution.
- Supporting in the new business process from pitching point onwards (no outward-facing sales work beyond that!)
- Contributing to the growth & structure of The Social Shepherd paid media team, assisting in training and upskilling the wider team.
Who we’re looking for:
- You have hands-on experience running campaigns through Facebook Ads Manager and Google Ads. Exposure to other platforms including but not limited to Snapchat, Pinterest, Microsoft Advertising, Twitter, Spotify, TikTok is preferable, but not essential.
- You’ll have one or more years experience working with paid media (agency-side preferable, but not essential).
- You’ll have experience running and scaling eCommerce accounts using Paid Social & Paid Search, and an aptitude for driving business growth.
- Analysing accounts to achieve client objectives, utilising your knowledge, creativity, problem-solving and evaluation of results.
- Confidence with numbers & data analysis.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Facebook Attribution, Google Data Studio & Google Tag Manager are all highly preferred, but proficiency in every platform isn’t essential.
- Experience with Amazon Advertising is preferred, but not essential.
- Curious and adaptable: it’s a fast moving industry and social advertising even more so, products change and adapt weekly and you must be happy with keeping up to date with changes and learning about how they may impact our output.
- Applicants with any of the following certifications are highly preferable: Facebook Blueprint – Media Planner
– Facebook Blueprint (Media Planner)
– Facebook Blueprint (Media Buyer)
– Facebook Blueprint (Creative Strategy)
– Google Ads Search Certification
– Google Ads Display Certification
– Google Ads Video Certification
– Google Shopping Ads Certification
– Google Analytics Individual Qualification
£28,000 – £32,000 (depending on experience)